For general program details, please see the Program Overview.
In order the qualify to be included in the Grass Valley pilot attendees must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be a resident of Nevada County.
- Have a desire for continuous learning and leveraging of online research to help start or enhance your career.
- Have obtained a minimum educational attainment of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education credential.
- Demonstrate basic computer usage skills (for example be able to use email, open/saving/closing documents, inserting images into documents, etc).
- Aptitude for learning new skills – you don’t become easily overwhelmed or flustered facing new tasks.
- Ability to attend ALL in-person workshops for your session.
- Ability to clear 5-10 hours per week for course learning, group discussions and workplace/job research
- Must have a credit or debit card number to use for purchase of additional learning resources.
In addition to these in-person workshops, attendance to weekly remote team check-ins will be required and can be done in the comfort of your home, office, library or other community location usually during early evening hours so as not to conflict with most work schedules.
Attendees must come prepared with a modern laptop computer that is no more than 3 years old. This requirement ensures that attendees will be able to finish the program with the tools they need for marketplace success. If you do not have a modern laptop, local DigiGig program partners have been arranged to provide an affordable, quality option.
Cost to Attend
The session cost is $250 which provides access to the 4 workshops, the online learning cohort, and coaches. Additionally, each attendee will spend $75-$150 on additional online learning programs based upon initial skill assessments.
Intrigued? Find out if you’re an ideal candidate for the DigiGig pilot session.
Simply fill-out the online application, and once your application has been reviewed you will be asked to take a digital skills assessment. Acceptance into the session is based upon availability, skill assessment, and the intake interview.PROCEED TO APPLICATION